Self Regional’s Heart Month Event on Feb. 23 An Experience For Entire Family
Self Regional Healthcare invites the community to celebrate National Heart Month with an event designed to educate and entertain the entire family.
The “First Responders Expo” will be held on Saturday, Feb. 23 between 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Northwest Fire Department at 201 Oakwood Drive in Greenwood (near Harris Baptist Church).
The event will feature life-saving tips and will include first responders from LifeFlight, Greenwood EMS, fire fighters from Northwest Volunteer Fire Department and healthcare professionals from Self Regional’s heart attack (STEMI) response team.
The event will include:
- Free American Heart Association’s CPR Anytime training sessions at 11 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. (sessions are limited to the first 50 families to RSVP to (864) 725-6099.)
- Watch “What happens during a heart attack” simulation
- See the LifeFlight medical transport helicopter, find out what’s inside an ambulance and a fire truck
- Meet Cardiologist Paul Kim, M.D., Greenwood’s EMS personnel and Self Regional’s heart attack response team
- Wellness Works for Kids will teach children the importance of calling 9-1-1 in an emergency
To learn more or to RSVP for the free CPR session, please call (864) 725-6099.